Create Vinyl effect in Ableton
Here’s a tip on how to create the sound of vinyl slowing down in Ableton.
Below the written walkthrough is a video tutorial. Enjoy!
1. Bring a clip into the arrange window
2. Change the warp option from “beat” (it could also be “complex” , “tones” or
“texture”) to “re-pitch”
3. On the master track draw in a tempo decline at the pace you want –
this will sound like vinyl
If you don’t want a permanent tempo change in your song, you can record the results to another audio track and then return the tempo to where it was before.
Here is how:
1. Create a new audio track
2. On the new audio track find your in/out options
3. Below where it says “audio from” choose the audio track with the
clip you want to record
4. Arm the new audio track (the one you want to record to
5. Push the record button at the top
6. Hit play and let it run til you recorded your vinyl effect
7. You will see the new clip recorded
8. Return the master tempo to what is was before
9. Go to your new clip properties and turn off the warp function
Happy music making!,
With that said, if you are benefiting from these posts, you will absolutely love my 2 bestselling books:
The Mental Game of Music Production
The Process for Electronic Music Producers
You can also Check out the: Ableton Courses & Instruments
If you are looking for personal guidance with your music production or Ableton, you can set up a free chat with me to go over exactly what your best next steps are to create the best music of your life. If it seems like a good fit, we can move forward from there. https://musicsoftwaretraining.com/private-coaching
Happy music making!