*This post will likely only interest Ableton users who have an Iphone and work on a PC (or Bootcamp/Parallels).
Here is a custom controller I have made to control many of Ableton’s features with my Iphone.Â Although it isn’t an “end all” solution, it definitely makes things go faster and much more conveniently whether you are producing at home or DJ’ing. As long as you have a wi-fi signal to connect to, you’re golden.
Here is what you will want to do to get started.
1. Go to your Iphone AP store, purchase and install Snatch Remote (don’t worry, it’s only $4 and if you don’t like my custom controller, you cn pretty easily make your own).
2. Download and install snatchtrackpad & remote onto your computer at this link http://www.hoofien.com/Snatch/
3. Open up Snatch on your computer, and then your Iphone
4. enter the server/password info into the setting on Snatch inside your Iphone
5. Download and unrar my Snatch remote files at this link https://www.musicsoftwaretraining.com/share/snatch.rar
6. In Snatch on your Iphone, hit “Keys” tab, then “Edit” then “load screen”
7. a window will pop up on your computer, choose the first Snatch file, confirm on your Iphone and hit “done”
8. On your Iphone, swipe from right to left to get another blank screen and repeat steps 6 and 7.
9. Watch the video below and make sure to assign your 1,2,3,8,9 & 0 keys to the correct locations.
I look forward to our community sharing further tweaks and custom controls.
Happy Music Making,