Create Vinyl effect in Ableton
Here’s a tip on how to create the sound of vinyl slowing down in Ableton.
Below the written walkthrough is a video tutorial. Enjoy!
1. Bring a clip into the arrange window
2. Change the warp option from “beat” (it could also be “complex” , “tones” or
“texture”) to “re-pitch”
3. On the master track draw in a tempo decline at the pace you want –
this will sound like vinyl
If you don’t want a permanent tempo change in your song, you can record the results to another audio track and then return the tempo to where it was before.
Here is how:
1. Create a new audio track
2. On the new audio track find your in/out options
3. Below where it says “audio from” choose the audio track with the
clip you want to record
4. Arm the new audio track (the one you want to record to
5. Push the record button at the top
6. Hit play and let it run til you recorded your vinyl effect
7. You will see the new clip recorded
8. Return the master tempo to what is was before
9. Go to your new clip properties and turn off the warp function
Happy music making!,